Wednesday, June 9, 2010

American Week

Cathy Olliffe of Canada has been featuring American writers at her blog, Life on the Muskoka River, including moi.  She made me feel special, and writer-special, which is extra spec... well, you get the idea.  Thank you Cathy.

Of course, the link I provided gets you to my interview and story.  Feel free to scroll around her site and find other great authors such as Carrie Clevenger, Mike Solender, Anthony Venutolo, Shannon Esposito, Eric J. Krause and the wanna-be-American, Alan W. Davidson.  More will be featured after I post this, and I am so looking forward to not only what they are offering, but what Cathy will ask them and how they'll answer.  Cathy is as much an expert interviewer as she is a stellar fiction writer.  (If Dave from my writer's group were here, he would get me for all the missing hyphens--but I will just go with it and say, hey! it's Wednesday!) 

I met someone through Cathy's features that somehow, despite me trying to get to everyone on #fridayflash, I missed his name and works.  When I say missed, I mean I never stumbled across his stories and by missing that, missed reading some extraordinarly touching, interesting, haunting, imaginative, artistic, honest prose.  I thank Cathy for featuring Mark Kerstetter, because now I've been exposed to someone and something wonderful, and look forward to the adventure of discovering more, whether from Mark or the other incredibly talented authors that Cathy featured, or maybe someone that none of us have met yet, but will participate in #fridayflash.  (#fridayflash is the brainchild of J. M. Strother--check him out too.)

3 comments:

Bukowski's Basement said...

I totally enjoyed your piece, Peggy and it was great to learn more about you through her stellar interview. I couldn't be in better company.

Alan W. Davidson said...

You mean I'm not an American?...I agree totally on your accessment of Mark Kerstetter, BTW, a true talent. And that Anthony guy's not a bad hack either...

Mark Kerstetter said...

I'm so vain. I read through the first two paragraphs thinking, 'Gee, she didn't even mention me,' then find that you singled me out for kind words. A quick look around Eldritch Way shows that I've been missing out too. Gotta fix that.

As eclectic as I imagine myself to be (or would like to be), I'm held back by certain biases. I somehow had you pegged (no pun intended) as someone whose focus was serials in the horror/suspense genre. I came here a few times in the past and felt lost and didn't take the time to learn the lay of the land. I'm sorry about that.